This article was archived. Submission rules change from year to year. Please go to the home page and select Contests, Gittle List from the menu. Thank you!
Spread the word! Use #thegittlelist
Will it be your book this year?
Deadline Midnight, November 30, 2014
Print submissions must be postmarked 11/30/14 and received by December 5, 2014.
The Gittle List 2013 was a great success! The Gittle List 2014 submissions process will end earlier so the Top 10 can be marketed as a holiday gift giving guide. See What Do I Win? at the end of this post to learn the benefits of making it on The Gittle List.
Last year, I received nearly 60 digital and print books. This year, my goal is to receive at least 150 submissions. So spread the word!
Again this year there is no entry fee. However, I ask that you at least like the Aviva Gittle Publishing Facebook page and sign up for the Aviva Gittle Newsletter. Following me on Twitter, @AvivaGittle is greatly appreciated. Really show me some love and post a link to this page on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and any other social media you can think of!
Deadline (emailed or postmarked) is midnight, PST (US) November 30, 2014.
Please read the guidelines carefully. 99% of your questions will be answered here. For the other 1%, send an email to GittleSubmissions@gmail.com.
- Children’s picture books for children age 10 and under.
- The eBook or print book must be published and available for purchase.
- The book must be self-published either by you or through a publishing company you own. Meaning you wrote it, you own the rights, paid for its creation and publication and do not receive royalties from a publishing company. (Self-publishing services like CreateSpace, Book Baby, etc. are fine.)
- Not more than 1600 words. (Just the story; don’t include front / back matter in the word count.)
- Minimum of 50 words. It must be a story supported by illustrations (no coloring books, unless it is included in addition to the story book).
- At least 10 interior illustrations.
- One story; not part of a compilation.
- One entry per author or author team. (If an artist has illustrated multiple books written by authors other than themselves, that is acceptable.)
- It can be published in any year (it does not have to have a publishing date in 2014)
- Digital or print books accepted. (mobi, epub, PDF. A PDF proof copy of the print book is fine.) If the digital file is greater than 5MB, please use a service such as DropBox.com or Box.com to send it to GittleSubmissions@gmail.com. However, it is preferred that you compress or reduce the file size. Lower resolution PDFs are acceptable.
- Mail print books only if you do not have a digital copy of the book. IMPORTANT: Be sure to email GittleSubmissions so I know the book is on its way. See below for information to include in the email. PRINT BOOKS WILL NOT BE RETURNED!
- Print submissions must be postmarked by November 30, 2014 and received by December 5, 2015. Digital submissions must be received by midnight PST (US) November 30, 2014.
Whether submitting a digital or print book, be sure to send an email with the subject “Gittle List 2014” to GittleSubmissions@gmail.com. Include the following information.
- Title of book
- # of words (don’t include front / back matter in word count)
- # of interior illustrations
- Author’s name
- Optionally, name of your personal publishing company.
- Illustrator’s name
- Link to buy book (important! proves the book is published)
- Author’s email address
- Optionally, illustrator’s email address
- Link to author’s website or bio page (such as Amazon’s author page)
- Optionally, link to illustrator’s website or bio page
Aviva Gittle Publishing
3245 University Avenue #1133
San Diego, CA 92104
Spread the word about The Gittle List 2014!
What Do I Win?
- A 5-star review on Amazon and Goodreads.
- An exclusive interview on www.GoToGittle.com.
- A link to purchase your book from www.GoToGittle.com.
- Announcements on social media and press releases.
- A digital “The Gittle List Top 10” seal to use in your marketing and books.