Claudio Marquez of CFM Studios shares his dairy-free ice cream recipe. You don’t have to be lactose-intolerant to enjoy it!
1 14-oz. can organic coconut milk, chilled
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup organic natural peanut butter with sea salt
1 teaspoon good vanilla extract
3 tablespoons dark chocolate shavings
Prepare your ice cream maker ahead of time by freezing the canister overnight. You’ll also need a good blender or Vita-Mix to whip the ice cream mixture.
- Combine the chilled coconut milk and light brown sugar in a blender and whip until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add in the natural peanut butter and vanilla extract. Whip just until the mixture is creamy and frothy.
- Set your freezing canister in place and turn on the ice cream maker. Pour the mixture into the freezing canister.
- Add in the shaved dark chocolate.*
- Churn until frozen; at 30 minutes it should reach a thick, soft-serve consistency. (Note: If it’s hot in your kitchen and the mixture is warm-ish, chill the mixture before adding it to the ice cream maker; it will freeze better if the mixture is good and cold.)
Scoop into a freezable quart container, cover and freeze.
Makes roughly three cups of creamy gluten-free vegan ice cream. Serve in small single scoops, as it is rich.
*If you are a stickler about being 100% vegan, select dairy-free chocolate.
Learn more about the man behind the recipe! Claudio talks to Aviva